If you asked me what season my retriever self favors, I’d have to say autumn. For several dog reasons:
- Cooler weather means longer walks. I simply can not tolerate the heat.
- Piles of drying leaves. I love rolling around in these smells and having the dying matter stick all over my coat…messy but the golden best.
- Pumpkin anything and everything appears. Pumpkin dog treats, cooked pumpkin mixed with my food…bring it on.
- Halloween dress-up. This part is kinda hard for me but I deal with it. So far, I have been a lion, a hot-dog and this year …cowboy get-up…black cowboy hat. Say what???
- Turkey…yeah…each November we roast one and while I am not given human stuff…I do get a few well cut-up pieces of “the bird.”
Let’s count our blessing…Here’s to a golden autumn for us all. Paws Up!